Sacred Grounds

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sacred Grounds

Post by SamSeven on Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:38 am

She was starting to get worried about Rei, although she could obviously swim well and breathe underwater... She would have let us know what was going on, by now... Right??

All of a sudden, Des leapt at the monstrosity, shouting undecipherable things. Dwyrin found herself dodging flying, lobster-thing chunks after only a few seconds. She wished she could have just followed Rei to wherever she was, as she watched Des swim out of the water.

SamSeven

Posts : 677

Stats & Info
Stats: 0
Power: Basic Alchemy
Secondary: none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sacred Grounds

Post by Yoyo on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:22 am

Rei found herself sneaking through the water, now. The merman had grabbed her wrist and swam out of the small recess they had been hiding in. He had told her his plan to attempt to snipe their enemy and then swam off; their only hope was that killing the thing would turn them back. Now she was sneaking while underwater; her mind was having trouble grasping the concept.

The lobster swam just below her and to the left. Rei was armed with a strange gun-like weapon that the merman had given her - he said it was like an underwater gun - and the knife that she had gotten earlier. She had the strange gun raised, ready to strike should it attack or give her an opening.

What an opening it gave her. It suddenly reared back so it was looking strait at her, a screech of pain echoing through the water to Rei's ears. She aimed the gun at the thing and fired at its eyes, hoping the projectile would manage to pierce the eye and reach the brain. Her shot reached its target, but it seemed to only enrage the creature more.

"Excellent."

_________________

avatar
Yoyo

Posts : 912

Stats & Info
Stats: 7
Power: Lightning Alchemy
Secondary: Daggers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sacred Grounds

Post by Zane on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:29 am

All the while everything happened, Zane just stood by the side, enjoying the fact he doesn't have to do anything and that Des dealt with lobster thing all by himself.

"We should've done this earlier," Zane shook his head. "I just feel bad for our potential food. Oh, well."

He walked near the water, standing beside Dwyrin and waved a good job at Des. He looked at Dwyrin, probably very worried about Rei now. And now that they didn't have to worry about the lobster, they can go back to thinking about what happened to Rei.

"So anyone have any idea what's going on with Rei? I can't turn the lake into ice, since... Rei's in there."

_________________

Now, if you want that kind of information - it'll cost you.

Zane

Posts : 1128

Stats & Info
Stats: 0
Power: Dagger
Secondary: Ice Alchemy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sacred Grounds

Post by Destinykil on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:13 am

Des grunted and took a deep breath. He let it out then took a deeper breath and submerged himself into the water. He opened his eyes to see everything a tad blurry. He looked around and saw a small hole leading somewhere. He came back up and caught his breath.

"..There's a small hole under the water. My bet is she went that way."
avatar
Destinykil

Posts : 234

Stats & Info
Stats: 0
Power: MP5k w/silencer
Secondary: Earth Alchemy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sacred Grounds

Post by SamSeven on Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:26 am


Dwyrin stared out over the water for a second, and happened tto see some motion on the surface of the water. Bubbles. Grimly, she wondered if it was something - NotReinotReinotRei - dying. Maybe it was a lobster-thing.

Then Des popped up and mentioned something about a hole.

"Oh yeah?? Interesting. I bet Rei will come back this way real soon. She is in a strange condition."


SamSeven

Posts : 677

Stats & Info
Stats: 0
Power: Basic Alchemy
Secondary: none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sacred Grounds

Post by Yoyo on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:34 am

The lobster, enraged, swam away, up toward the surface of the water. She was amazed by its speed. She sighed with relief, glad to not be in harms way any longer, then paused. The surface was where Dwyrin and the others were. She gritted her teeth and swam after the creature, following the large trail of bubbles and blood it left behind. It was a lot faster than her and she could no longer see it; it would reach the surface long before her.

_________________

avatar
Yoyo

Posts : 912

Stats & Info
Stats: 7
Power: Lightning Alchemy
Secondary: Daggers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sacred Grounds

Post by Zane on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:53 am

He blinked when he thought he heard a splashing sound. He turned to the lake, hoping to see Rei, but only to see an even bigger lobster rise up from the water.

"Woah," he muttered. "They really infest this place, huh?" It looked different so he dismissed the thought of dinner. Probably not safe to eat.

And it moved to lunged towards the three, with them barely avoiding it. It was faster than the first. It didn't look like bullets could penetrate its shell either.




_________________

Now, if you want that kind of information - it'll cost you.

Zane

Posts : 1128

Stats & Info
Stats: 0
Power: Dagger
Secondary: Ice Alchemy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sacred Grounds

Post by Destinykil on Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:54 am

Des looked at the giant lobster and sighed. He heeded Zane's words and put his gun away. He readied his stance awaiting for the lobster to come at them and looked over at Zane then Dwyrin.

"So what do we do? Attack together? I will destroy this thing. I just need some time and leeway."
avatar
Destinykil

Posts : 234

Stats & Info
Stats: 0
Power: MP5k w/silencer
Secondary: Earth Alchemy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sacred Grounds

Post by SamSeven on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:27 pm


So Military-Man was willing to take a second to think things over. That's an improvement, she thought, unkindly.

Dwyrin reached down and pulled her remaining knife out of it's hiding spot and spun it in her hand.
"Well," she started before she had the chance to doubt herself, "If this works out the way I hope, it's arms should be clear and easier to detatch. Good luck, gentleman."

Without waiting for a reply or a barrage of questions, she took off, sprinting directly at the lobsters front. Directly at it's vulnerable spot - it's beady, little, antennea-like eyes. She was banking mostly on her speed for this maneuver, as she dodged and twirled around the couple close calls with huge pinchers.
Then she was close enough.
She jumped over the lobster-things gaping maw - Lobsters shouldn't have a 'maw' of any kind - and could almost feel the claws that were so close to her back by now as she sliced off both of it's hateful little eyes. Lobster-thing blood spurted and smelled like old, rotted seafood. It screamed - sort of. She wanted to gag.

As she slid across it's back and tumbled into the water, she hoped Zane and Des had at least killed the thing by the time she drowned.


SamSeven

Posts : 677

Stats & Info
Stats: 0
Power: Basic Alchemy
Secondary: none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sacred Grounds

Post by Yoyo on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:35 pm

Rei swam after the monster as fast as she could. She had been at that speed for a long time now and was mildly surprised that she was not tired yet. The water ahead became rough as something disturbed it; something fell into the water somewhere to her left. She swam cautiously toward it, uncertain what she would find.

"Dwyrin!" she whispered, identifying the thing slowly sinking. She grabbed her around the waist and swam for the surface, angling away from the shore for a brief moment of peace. "Are you okay?"

_________________

avatar
Yoyo

Posts : 912

Stats & Info
Stats: 7
Power: Lightning Alchemy
Secondary: Daggers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sacred Grounds

Post by Zane on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:48 am

It smelled bad, whatever part Dwyrin slashed at the lobster. But decided he had enough of this lobster. Running backwards, he tapped the water and in seconds, the lobster was covered in ice. He was hoping Des would finish the job.

There was one reason he didn't want to ice the lobster in the first place: it was because the whole lake turned into ice as well. Hopefully, the two of them surfaced before the whole ice thing.


Last edited by Zane on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________

Now, if you want that kind of information - it'll cost you.

Zane

Posts : 1128

Stats & Info
Stats: 0
Power: Dagger
Secondary: Ice Alchemy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sacred Grounds

Post by Destinykil on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:53 pm

Des snickered at looked at the frozen lobster. He nodded at Zane and leaped at the monstrosity. Des landed on the back of the lobster and cocked his fist back.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Des' voice echoed throughout the cave as his fist drove into the back of the frozen lobster and it started to crack down the middle. Des pulled out his fist and continued punching holes into the lobster.
avatar
Destinykil

Posts : 234

Stats & Info
Stats: 0
Power: MP5k w/silencer
Secondary: Earth Alchemy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sacred Grounds

Post by SamSeven on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:21 pm


Only after second or two of sputtering coughs and gasping lungfuls of air did Dwyrin choke out, "Yeah, I'm just great. Thanks. Bunches, ya know?? I'm glad you're alive."

Then the ice was frozen - they, still in it. It had to have been Zane. She and Rei sat in the ice and watched Des brutalize the lobster for a time. Turning to Rei - as much as she could turn - she said, casually, "This is getting very uncomfortable."


SamSeven

Posts : 677

Stats & Info
Stats: 0
Power: Basic Alchemy
Secondary: none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sacred Grounds

Post by Yoyo on Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:46 pm

"At least you have pants," Rei muttered quietly, hoping her voice did not carry very far. The last thing she needed was for that comment to be carried to the men on the shore.

She scratched at the ice, having begun working on a transmutation circle some time ago. With a couple more strokes, she smiled and pressed her hand against it. The reassuring glow of a successful activation warmed her more than it warmed the ice. A smallish circle of ice surrounding the two melted, creating a shallow pool of water, freeing their legs--or tail.

_________________

avatar
Yoyo

Posts : 912

Stats & Info
Stats: 7
Power: Lightning Alchemy
Secondary: Daggers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sacred Grounds

Post by Zane on Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:10 am

"Pants?" Zane raised an eyebrow as he heard the word; and when he found an opening, he threw his dagger at the head of the lobster, breaking the whole thing, frozen bits of it falling. He nodded at Des, for a good job.

He sighed, hoping that things would quiet down even if it's just for a while. Zane walked over to the broken bits of lobster and kicked it away, looking for his dagger. When he found it, he turned to the direction where Rei and Dwyrin should be, at least he assumed.

"You comfortable there, Rei, Dwy?"

_________________

Now, if you want that kind of information - it'll cost you.

Zane

Posts : 1128

Stats & Info
Stats: 0
Power: Dagger
Secondary: Ice Alchemy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sacred Grounds

Post by Destinykil on Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:12 pm

Des fell as the lobster shattered into pieces. He landed on his legs and nodded back at Zane. He walked over to Dwyrin and Rei and snickered.

"A little stuck there? Zane, help me get these two out?"
avatar
Destinykil

Posts : 234

Stats & Info
Stats: 0
Power: MP5k w/silencer
Secondary: Earth Alchemy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sacred Grounds

Post by SamSeven on Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:42 pm


I'm not helpless! She stared defiantly at Des's snickering as she pulled herself free of the shallow, icy water with her newly liberated arms.

The lobster-thing was in pieces, there were no little crabs scuttling towards them. Things were looking up.

She stood and wrung as much water out of her soaked coat as she could, then sighed and looked at Rei. "I don't suppose you have that knife, do you??"

SamSeven

Posts : 677

Stats & Info
Stats: 0
Power: Basic Alchemy
Secondary: none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sacred Grounds

Post by Yoyo on Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:03 am

Rei leaned against the edge and pulled herself out with her arms to sit on the edge of the pool. She scowled at Des' comment as she reached for the knife that she had snatched out of the water earlier. She flipped it once and handed it to Dwyrin handle first. "I suppose you tossed that one, huh?" she asked, smiling. "Thanks, it helped a lot."

She slid backwards across the ice and crossed her legs. "Lost my jacket, though," she said. "It was my favorite one, too."

_________________

avatar
Yoyo

Posts : 912

Stats & Info
Stats: 7
Power: Lightning Alchemy
Secondary: Daggers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sacred Grounds

Post by Zane on Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:43 am

Zane finally walked towards them, hiding his dagger where he always placed it.

And saw most amusingly that Rei crossed her legs. "Oh, so you have your legs back now? Am I to assume that it was the lobster's doing, then?"

He sighed, however, he wanted to make money out of something in here, after all the troubles, he was not leaving empty-handed. That was when he noticed beside the water pit they made, there was something frozen in the ice.

Like a head, hopefully attached to something. So he crouched down and tapped his gloved hand above where it was and made a water pit, it merging with the one Rei or Dwyrin made. It was a person and he didn't regret letting him out of the ice.

"He has a tail," he said. "I want to sell him."

_________________

Now, if you want that kind of information - it'll cost you.

Zane

Posts : 1128

Stats & Info
Stats: 0
Power: Dagger
Secondary: Ice Alchemy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sacred Grounds

Post by Destinykil on Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:35 pm

Des looked over at Zane and grunted. He eyed Dwyrin and Rei and turned his back on them.

"What now..?"

Des wasn't much for talking after the incident outside of this hell hole.
avatar
Destinykil

Posts : 234

Stats & Info
Stats: 0
Power: MP5k w/silencer
Secondary: Earth Alchemy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sacred Grounds

Post by SamSeven on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:07 am


She couldn't keep the fond smirk off her face as Zane suggested selling the thing in the ice. "It might die on the way. Then it would be no good. You might as well leave it."

"No problem," Dwyrin answed Rei as she disconnected the rock from her ring and let it crumble in her hand. "As thanks for your efforts, I'm sure we can find you a new coat. Maybe a neat Aerugian one," she added, thoughtfully.

The rough "what now??" that came from the area around the back of Des's head gave her pause.
What now?? Well, a hot bath and warm bed would be nice...
"I vote we leave this place before anything else happens."


SamSeven

Posts : 677

Stats & Info
Stats: 0
Power: Basic Alchemy
Secondary: none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sacred Grounds

Post by Yoyo on Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:04 pm

Rei nodded as she stood up, more than a little happy to have her legs back. She was soaked and cold; the ice was simply making things worse.

Rei looked at the merman Zane had just released and frowned. He had asked for her help and then just disappeared. That annoyed her enough to make her forget how cold she was.

_________________

avatar
Yoyo

Posts : 912

Stats & Info
Stats: 7
Power: Lightning Alchemy
Secondary: Daggers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sacred Grounds

Post by Zane on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:16 am

"And why would it die?" he raised an eyebrow at Dwyrin. "Sure, I don't mind leaving the place so long as I can bring this mermaid - merman! it shouted angrily - to sell." Though, we leave now and I'm not sure for what reason we even came here.

He looked at Des who didn't seem too happy and he couldn't blame the guy. He simply shrugged and looked at Rei who was quiet though that wasn't anything quite unusual.

"Can we make sense of what just happened?" he ended up saying.

_________________

Now, if you want that kind of information - it'll cost you.

Zane

Posts : 1128

Stats & Info
Stats: 0
Power: Dagger
Secondary: Ice Alchemy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sacred Grounds

Post by SamSeven on Wed May 11, 2011 7:14 am

{ I'm beginning to feel like we should skip Des this round, ya know - to get things rolling a little?? I'll ask him about it first ^^ }

SamSeven

Posts : 677

Stats & Info
Stats: 0
Power: Basic Alchemy
Secondary: none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sacred Grounds

Post by Yoyo on Wed May 11, 2011 9:38 pm

[ Sounds good to me. ]

_________________

avatar
Yoyo

Posts : 912

Stats & Info
Stats: 7
Power: Lightning Alchemy
Secondary: Daggers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sacred Grounds

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum